Sunday, January 18, 2015

A Weekend Is Too Good A Thing To Waste

Been fighting headaches Friday and Saturday, couldn't do much or concentrate. I feel awful about it, can only blame genetics. I was careful not to eat improper food to instigate the headaches... I'm certain it was not what I ate. Had plans to go out on Saturday with a Meetup or two - maybe that's what set it off because now, as I write and the opportunity has passed, I'm feeling better. 

Just read a paper from UC Berkeley on migraine triggers and they say not only is stress a migraine trigger, but also is stress letdown - i.e. ending projects, weekends, vacations, etc. I don't feel stressed at work so this can't be, can it? If anything I'd feel stressed about going out with people in the group. Also on Thurs. and Friday, the days prior to the headaches, I ate corn chips, though corn is not a common trigger, I’ll try to keep this on my radar and see if headaches closely follow corn intake. The salsa I made was just peppers, onion, olive oil, avocado, and spice - all I’ve found are safe for me as I often eat these, but rarely do I eat corn.

I was going to go see "A Girl Walks Home At Night", a vampire movie by an Irani director. Wanted to see the late showing to use the nighttime to maybe get into the movie a little more, but the headache was too great to read subtitles. Also thought about going to / volunteering for Beer, Bacon, and Burlesque, but I couldn't find who my "volunteering" benefitted - was I volunteering for the micro-breweries? Was it some hidden charity that was best not to divulge? Very odd - the organizers could have drawn more attention if they said something about who the event, or my volunteering, benefitted. I had to assume the micro-breweries.

Totally obsessed with my weight and gut over the past week. I can feel the jingle from time to time. Really need to get under 160 lbs. again, a matter of 10 pounds. Seriously thinking of using miles to go to Denver for a day and eat some weed, last time I did I lost 7 lbs. in 10 days. Desperate to try that again. What's the risk anyways?

Was hoping that if I ended TV reception, Hulu, and Streaming Netflix I’d get back to the computer (drawing, writing, etc.) but this has failed. I've been watching more DVDs and found a YouTube series h+. Need to focus on why I liked doing these creative things before this one-year funk. Maybe if I just force myself to draw something I’ll remember why.

Really want to get off the computer and read some. Short stories by Guy du Maupassant are getting better, if the stories are in chronological order of his career, it's showing. Stories now have a less abrupt ending.


Ps. Gogol Bordello is coming to town in March, dare I go?

No comments:

Post a Comment