Sunday, January 11, 2015

No Colorado Snow and Smoke

Desperately missing Colorado. Not that I ever skied a whole lot nor did the weed (just a couple times), but both are all I can think about now. Last snowfall in NC was Dec 9, about 1" worth. So go there if you want to ski on packed crushed ice. Need the weed to lose the extra weight. last time did the weed I lost 7lbs in 10 days, hoping to replicate the miracle. Too bad I don't know anyone in CO (and I lived there for 13 years!) Maybe there'll be some airfare deals - but that's a lot to spend. Tried to ask the guys at Tobacco Brew and Chew but they just laughed, "don't" know where one can get it. Probably not good idea to ask them when at work. Looking at them, they look like typical tokers.

Keeping my eyes open for acts in Nash clubs for musicians that are interesting. there's a sever lack of variety in the Nash music scene - 99% of the music played is country pop, bluegrass, or Mumford and Sons sound-a-likes. Gag me with a mike.

Work was ok, but give people some freedom and they don't follow through with their responsibilities. I came up with a KPI and all accepted it and they also said they want to be accountable and fully responsible for their jobs. We will see as I will stop helping (unless only if they ask for it) them. I give them so many tools and make work so easy but they don't take advantage of the ease at which technology benefits them.

Netfilx streaming ended today. All's left is internet, 1 DVD at a time, and the DVD library. Beginning to feel the boredom but the boredom is beginning to reignite my beloved characters I’ve created (Professor Pinkin, The Skin-Flynts, etc.) Have some great live comedy ideas but damn, how do I go out and do it? I'll come up with a whole series and see if things change in the future.

Match.com totally sucks. they keep pairing me up with child-havers and child-wanters. Jesus. I said no kids is a must! Fix your GD algorithm. I love kids, they are great, but don't want to live the nuclear family lifestyle - it's already been done to death. Don't want those chains - just the one of a girl who will travel with me or at times we travel without the other. being away for periods of time remind us of how desperately we "need" our lovers around.

Have a simple idea for a Fun with Grampa toon. I'll draw it and post it soon. It isn't wrong or sick to fall in love with a creation, regardless of its inanimacy, is it? Perhaps Dickens fell in love with Scrooge when he wrote Scrooge's story; or Jack London when he wrote Buck's story. So my creations are toons, what, really, is the difference? Why should I feel guilty for endearing them?

No comments:

Post a Comment