Monday, April 13, 2015

Eli Roth and Stephan Zweig A Bad Influence?

"Since then I hold back for nothing, for I feel the norms and formalities of the society in which I live are meaningless, and I am not ashamed in front of others or myself...I live by letting myself draw on the power I so magically felt for the first time on that night...." Stephen Zwieg from Fantastic Night.


I desperately want to drink someone's blood. Willing or unwilling, it does not matter. I think of ways to incapacitate someone so that when I puncture the jugular, the blood will flow. I must be careful? Does the blood shoot out like in the movies? I don't want to leave too much evidence nor leave any on my person, yet I want to drink it all what ever mess. I want to know if drinking someone's life my Joie de vivre will grow exponentially. I want to know if lift will become more more vibrant and exciting as it becomes for the rich guy in Hostel when Todd gets sooo pumped up knowing he's soon to kill. Or like Baron Friedrich Michael von R in Fantastic Night who simply steals a betting slip and afterwards feels dreadful shame for doing so, spends a night with the lower classes and feels more human and alive afterward.

Is the symbolism of drinking someones life enough to envigor mine? (I'm not disillusioned by vampire films - I know that real life is not the award.) I must know, but how, how to find the person who will give me this gift. It cannot be someone of poor health or morals as I don't want to inherit the immorality pervading in their blood. It must be someone of good morals or young. The age, I suppose for my purposes, does not matter, nor does their lives as they will undoubtedly have to die. But the higher purpose for which they die gives them great honor. Do not cry for them but embrace me, the new man who will become much greater than the sum of our two lives separately. Your son or daughter is much more alive in me than they would have ever been had they been yours to keep.



Hostel 2:
  • Todd: Do you remember the first guy in your high school to get laid?
  • Stuart: No, but I remember the last.
  • Todd: Well, I do. This kid Greg. He came back from summer break; something about him had changed. It wasn't anything he said or did, but something was different. You just knew it.
  • Stuart: I know what you mean. It's like you can sense it the way an animal senses it.
  • Todd: Exactly. Like an animal. Sometimes, you meet a guy and there's just something fucking scary about him. Something that makes you think this guy has killed somebody. He doesn't have to act tough. He never has to say it. But like an animal, you can sense it. You know that this guy's got the balls to do what few others can. And that's you after today, my friend... What we do today is gonna pay off every day for the rest of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment