Sunday, April 19, 2015

Cryogenics vs. Vibration

Cryogenics - freezing your head or body to give science a chance to cure what ails you. The problem is unfreezing the body evenly and quickly so that the brain and heart don't starve for oxygen. Prediction: Mission will prove to be a complete failure.

So how to preserve the human body? Simple. Consider objects such as GPS satellites that travel in space. The clocks in these satellites must often be reset because the clocks fall behind. Scientists have witnessed that the faster bodies move, the slower time passes for them. So if I had cancer and wanted to preserve myself until there's a cure, I simply travel near the speed of light, so that during the blink of an eye to me is years to you. The problem lies, then, in getting my body up to that speed and the cost involved. Could I rotate my body around an axis? Perhaps. Better yet, it will prove more efficient to move the atoms that make up my body. Simply using soundwaves and a prescribed frequency will cause the atoms to vibrate at such a rapid pace that time will slow down to a crawl.

I predict in the future there will be "warehouses" in arid, sunlit parts of the world (for cheap energy purposes) where inside will be human bodies whose atoms are being vibrated, slowing down the pace of their decay but also the human's experience. A person will be placed in a chamber. The person will be given a sedative that is intended to last for mere minutes. The chamber closed. The sound turned on. Decades if not centuries later, the sound turned off. The chamber opened. The person removed. The person is treated for their ailment. The person awakes and lives out the rest of their days healed. Perhaps the person will visit their great-great-great-great grandchildren - who they see next is up to them. But I wonder, what purpose will the awakened person of yesteryear serve now?

No comments:

Post a Comment