Sunday, February 8, 2015

PFFFFTTT

What a blah and exciting two weeks - at work anyways. Working on a solution to bring in-house a process currently outsourced for $350k per year. Additionally found errors in the bills we paid. Upper management used to just pay the bill without verifying the amount and work was performed. Cripes! Got to be kidding me. They may want to stick with the status quo, but I'm going to force the new process down their throats if I have to, else they can do it themselves whilst throwing away money. RFO put it in words I couldn't express - "If operating margin is 3% and you save $350k, that's like bringing in $11.6M in sales." Shit, what a salesman I am and all I do is EDI! Yep, it's my way or the highway (for me).

What this really highlights is the over-importance brass puts on sales over savings. They'd probably laud and bonus desk jockey who brought in $3M in sales but who gives a crap about someone who saves $350k when the net benefit of the savings over sales in this example is four-fold.

Time to ask for a raise. Six months and still waiting for Singapore to determine if a promotion is warranted. Began selling possessions - donated a bunch of goods to Goodwill and sold dining table. Bedroom set needs to go too. May be out of a job before summer if things don't go my way (see paragraphs 1 and 2.)

While reading today a theory I had but forgotten reappeared, this time I wrote it down. Will post it on other blog, maybe here too. It's about the expanding universe and what will happen next. This is the shit that runs through my head when I'm in the right frame of mind (or wrong as some may opine.)

Got plans for tomorrow, following through on my theory on how to lose this excess weight. Need to get under 160lbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment